I’m going to Africa for almost three weeks this Sunday! As I’ve been getting ready to leave, one very important aspect I’ve been thinking about is how I’m going to survive the 18 hour flight from New York to Johannesburg, South Africa. I think I’ve come up with some good ideas, and I figured I’d share them in case anyone else is traveling long distances this summer!
1. A super huge water bottle. I drink so much water, sometimes people think I’m a fish. I’m going to bring a liter bottle with me, although since flying can be dehydrating I’ll probably go through it rather quickly. Whenever you’re flying it’s super important to stay hydrated. No soda, coffee, or alcohol!
2. Books and magazines. I already have Cosmo, Self, and Allure lined up for the flight but I also want to bring some good books for my time in Africa and the flights there and back. The first book I’m bringing is Tim Gunn’s Golden Rules: Little Life Lessons for Making it Work
. I got this book a long
time ago, right when it came out actually, but never got the chance to read it…until now!! I have a bunch more options to bring, I’m still trying to pick a second and third book!
3. A sleeping mask. I plan on forcing
sleep upon myself with some Unisom, and you need to look good even while snoozing. I got an eye mask at Natural Body Spa
, my favorite
spa on this planet. It’s silk which is better for the skin and soft on the delicate eye area compared to the fabric-y and sometimes itchy ones the airline gives you. If I’m gonna be on a flight for that long and need to be super well rested when I arrive, comfort is key
4. Upkeep essentials…in addition to my makeup bag I carry everywhere with me…
While I’ll be wearing makeup from that day, first thing I plan on doing is using my Neutrogena Makeup Cleansing Towelettes to take it off when I get in my seat. I don’t want to clog my pores by keeping it on the whole flight (yuck.), especially if I’m already in a dry environment. So off comes the makeup, on goes my Origins Perfect World moisturizer.
My next upkeep essential is Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir. I love, love, love this facial spray, it’s great when you need a pick me up during the day, tingly on the skin, smells like peppermint, and I know I’m gonna need that when stepping off that plane. This is my favorite refresher spray, and although it’s expensive, the luxurious feel is so worth it!
My last key upkeep essential is Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream. I love this hand cream because it isn’t greasy and truly is high intensity. My hands feel silky after using it, which is always a plus!!
5. The last thing I’ll need are some snacks
. I’m not really a plane food type of girl and it’s so easy to just buy a big bag of chips or something along that line. But, I really
want to have healthy options
for the flight so I’m going to bring some meal bars and hopefully a big salad and other veggies to snack on en route!
Hoping these 5 Tips will help ya out next time you’re on a long flight!