Last Wednesday I shared a list of my I MUST MAKE THESE THIS FALL recipes, and…guess what…? I’ve already made two of them!
The first recipe I made was a take on Emily Bites Spicy Sausage Pasta, I changed up just a few things. It turned out amazing, and I can’t wait to make it again!
This meal is perfect for the cold weather.
Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta
Ingredients with a * I added myself to the Emily Bites recipe.
Also, if you’ve ever read my recipes before, I never really measure anything unless I’m baking…so here it goes…
+ *Trader Joes Spicy Chicken Sausage
Cut. it. up.
+ Trader Joes Gluten-Free Corn Penne
+ 1 yellow onion
+ Olive Oil
+ Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
+ *Red pepper flakes
+ Minced garlic
As much as you want!
+ Half & half
+ 2.5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
+ Pepper jack cheese
As much as you want, in my opinion!
1. Heat the olive oil, add sausage, cook for a bit. Add in the onion & garlic.
2. When the onion is soft add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chicken broth.
3. Add in the pasta. Cover and allow the pasta to cook, coated in the broth.
4. Add in a bunch of cheese, sorry I have no approximation of how much. I mean really, can you ever have too much cheese?
|Leo knows what’s good.|
5. I moved my pasta-cheese mixture into a baking pan lightly coated with olive oil spray. Then I sprinkled some more pepper jack on top, and broiled it until the top turned nice and golden, I’d say maybe 2-3 minutes.
And, WALLAH, I had amazing-ness for dinner.